Chanting these seven mantras daily, can enable us to quieten and calm our mind.
- OM or AUM. The meaning of Om is the invocation Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
- Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu, a Sanskrit chant which means, may all beings everywhere be happy and free. “May our thoughts, our words and our actions contribute in some way to that happiness and freedom.” This mantra is chanted or sung as an offering of loving kindness to all beings, including one self.
- So Ham is the sound of our breath and the meaning, is the merging of the individual consciousness with the supreme consciousness.
- Asatao ma sadgamaya, Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, Mrtyorma amritam gamaya, Om shanti, shanti, shanti means “Lead me from untruth to truth, lead me from darkness to light, lead me from death to immortality, Om peace, peace, peace.” This mantra is from the Upanishads.
- Lam, Vam, Ram, Yam, Ham, Om. These are bija mantras for the chakras. They unblock our chakras and purify them.
- Om Namoh Lakshmi, Om Namoh Lakshmi, Om Namoh Lakshmi, Prema Devi Mataji. This mantra translates to “Oh Mother Lakshmi! Goddess of good fortune, prosperity, and beauty. Goddess of love, I bow to you.”
- Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha. This mantra invokes Ganesha. It translates to “Salutations to Ganesha, the remover/breaker of obstacles, we call your name!”
Aim Hrim Klim