At Yoga Vidya Germany the Hatha Yoga Pradipika is taught as an Advanced Yoga Teachers Training Course. Swami Atma is the main teacher for the 9-day Intensive in June/July of every year. In this Video Swami Atma speaks about what this Hatha Yoga Pradipika Course is about and what students can expect when taking this course. Infos on Seminars at Yoga Vidya More Infos on Yoga https://www.yoga-vidya.de/english/ More Info on Swami Atmaswaruparamananda on http://yoga108.org/
Mudras, Bandhas, Meditation, Superconsciousness – these are the themes of the 3rd and 4th chapter of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the most important of Hatha Yoga Scriptures. Swami Atma speaks about these chapters of this most important Hatha Yoga scripture. Information on Yoga Vidya and seminars at Yoga Vidya Germany https://www.yoga-vidya.de/english/ More Info on Swami Atmaswaruparamananda on http://yoga108.org/
Prana, Purification, Kriyas and Pranayama – these are the main topics of the second chapter of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Prana means life force. Kriya means action, especially purificatory actions, cleansing actions. Pranayama are the breathing exercisres. Swami Atma talks about what this chapter is about. Most likely, the second chapter is the most important of this Hatha Yoga scripture. More Info on Swami Atmaswaruparamananda on http://yoga108.org/
Any serious Yoga practicioner and even more any Yoga Teacher should know the basics of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. In this scripture, the why and how of Yoga is explained, especially from the point of view of Tantra, Kundalini Yoga and Raja Yoga. In this Podcast Swami Atma speaks about the first chapter of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. In this chapter the Yamas and Niyamas, the ethical foundation and the Asanas are explained. This is a sound track of a Yoga Video Interview. Yoga Videos on http://my.yoga-vidya.org/video More Info on Swami Atmaswaruparamananda on http://yoga108.org/
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika is the most important of all Hatha Yoga scriptures. It is a Tantra Scripture. Swami Atma explains the meaning of this scripture. He mentions the other important Hatha Yoga scriptures. He talks about the author of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yogi Swatmarama. He explains the essence of the teaching of Swatmarama. The crucial teaching is: Hatha Yoga is part of Kundalini Yoga. It is a holistic spiritual system designed for spiritual development. Through Mastery of the Body one gets Mastery of the Prana. Through Mastery of the Prana comes Mastery of the Mind. More Info on Swami Atmaswaruparamananda on http://yoga108.org/
What is Tantra? What is the Meaning of Tantra? Which types of Tantra do exist?
Important questions – here a few answers:
What is Tantra?
– Tantra is a name for a group of spiritual traditions which worship the Divine in its Female Aspects
– Tantra works with energies and experience
– In Tantra everything is Divine
– In Tantra everything can be transformed into spirituality
What is the Meaning/Goal of Tantra?
– Tantra aims at realizing the Divine
– What Realizing the Divine means, is different in different Tantra Traditions
What Types of Tantra do exist?
white, red and black tantra:
– In White Tantra the Goal is Oneness with the Divine
– Red Tantra uses sexual and emotional techniques, is usually pleasure-oriented, but can also be directed towwards spritualising sex and emotions
– Black Tantra means energy techniques for power and money
Lefthanded and righthanded Tantra:
– Righthanded Tantra uses socially accepted techniques
– Lefthanded Tantra uses techniques which are in conflict to accepted social values and customs