The Hatha Yoga Pradipika is the most important of all Hatha Yoga scriptures. It is a Tantra Scripture. Swami Atma explains the meaning of this scripture. He mentions the other important Hatha Yoga scriptures. He talks about the author of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yogi Swatmarama. He explains the essence of the teaching of Swatmarama. The crucial teaching is: Hatha Yoga is part of Kundalini Yoga. It is a holistic spiritual system designed for spiritual development. Through Mastery of the Body one gets Mastery of the Prana. Through Mastery of the Prana comes Mastery of the Mind. More Info on Swami Atmaswaruparamananda on http://yoga108.org/
What is Tantra? What is the Meaning of Tantra? Which types of Tantra do exist?
Important questions – here a few answers:
What is Tantra?
– Tantra is a name for a group of spiritual traditions which worship the Divine in its Female Aspects
– Tantra works with energies and experience
– In Tantra everything is Divine
– In Tantra everything can be transformed into spirituality
What is the Meaning/Goal of Tantra?
– Tantra aims at realizing the Divine
– What Realizing the Divine means, is different in different Tantra Traditions
What Types of Tantra do exist?
white, red and black tantra:
– In White Tantra the Goal is Oneness with the Divine
– Red Tantra uses sexual and emotional techniques, is usually pleasure-oriented, but can also be directed towwards spritualising sex and emotions
– Black Tantra means energy techniques for power and money
Lefthanded and righthanded Tantra:
– Righthanded Tantra uses socially accepted techniques
– Lefthanded Tantra uses techniques which are in conflict to accepted social values and customs
There are many misconceptions and many different explanations about Tantra. Dr. Nalini speaks about Tantra and Tantra practices. She says: Tantra is expansion and liberation of the soul and the mind. Dr. Nalini is a disciple of Paramahamsa Satyananada of the Bihar School of Yoga. Nalini is teaching Tantra Meditation and other Tantra Practices. in India and Germany. This Yoga Podcast is part of an Interview at Yoga Vidya Ashram Germany were Nalini is giving Training Courses in Tantra practices regularly.
There is psychology in Yoga, Vedanta and Tantra. Yoga Vedanta and Tantra teach you, how to deal with the human mind.
- Do not identify with your mind. You are not your mind. You are the Infinite, the Absolute, the Immortal. Learn to understand your mind so you can transcend it
- Watch the workings of your mind – and go beyond it
- Mind is a manifestation of the Divine Mother. Worship the Divine Mother with all your being, including your emotions, thoughts and feelings
- to control your mind, uplift your energies
Raja Yoga says:
- Develop your mental powers (Vibhuti), learn to use them intelligently. But do not identify
- Learn Concentration in daily Life. Life will be so much more fulfilling
- Learn to quieten your mind. If your mind is completely silent, your Real Self will shine fourth.
Paramahamsa Satyananda (1923-2009) was one of the foremost disciples of Swami Sivananda. He was the founder of the Bihar School of Yoga. Nalini Sahay, one of his senior disciples, talks in this Yoga Podcast about this great Master, and how his guidance helped her in her spiritual awakening and inner development. Nalini is living in Delhi, she has a PHD and is using Yoga for helping people in need. She is teaching Yoga Nidra, Tantra Meditations, Pavana Muktasana, Prana Vidya and other techniques that she learnt from her Guru, Swami Satyananda. Thi Podcast is recorded in Yoga Vidya Ashram Germany where Nalini gives professional training courses regularly.
Welcome to this new Podcast.
It will feature talks and interviews on Yoga, Ayurveda, Vedanta, Tantra and Meditation. In other words: This Podcast is about you and your spiritual development.
There will be many different speakers on this Podcast: Yoga Masters, Ayurveda therapists, Yoga Teachers, Vedanta specialists.
Some podcasts are live recordings from talks in Ashrams and Yoga Centers. Some come from interview. Let yourself be inspired!